Monday, October 17, 2011

Aloe Vera...Nature's Moisturizer


As a child, I remember my mother having an Aloe Vera plant in our kitchen window seal. She would break off a piece and rub the juice from it onto my skin if I had a burn or cut. I always thought that was its only purpose. How pleasantly surprised I was when I discovered Aloe Vera has many different benefits, including hair care. 
I first heard of incorporating Aloe Vera into hair products through the infamous Kimmytube videos on Youtube. After further research here are the benefits I found for Aloe Vera in hair.

  • Detangles
  • Moisturizes
  • Activates Fresh Growth
  • Heals and Soothes Damaged Scalp from Scratches, Burns, Dandruff, etc.
  • Reduces Dandruff, Itchy, Scaly Scalp and Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Balances pH Level (Porosity) of Hair
  • Tames Oily Hair
  • Defines Curl
  • May Serve as Holding Gel
  • Prevents Excessive Hair Loss
  • Enhances Cellular Rejuvenation
  • Contains Natural Building Enzyme for Proteins
  • Anti-Inflammatory
Who knew!??!
Aloe Vera  helps promote new hair growth for some people. You can use either gel or juice. The gel can be applied directly to the scalp, as external use of Aloe Vera has no side effects. If you don't own a plant, you can easily purchase gel or juice at a local supermarket or health food store. I recommend purchasing the product pure with no added preservatives. You'll have to refrigerate it once opened along with any product you use it in to keep it from spoiling.





















I personally use the whole leaf juice and I incorporate it into my leave in conditioner. My hair loves it!! My hair is softer and more moisturized after using it. Of course you'll need to seal the moisture in with a butter of your choice...Shea, coconut, olive oil, etc. I'm probably going to start using it in other products as well to see if I can achieve greater effects. I've read that you can also use it by itself.
Mix and match and experiment. Find what works for you and YOUR hair.
As always...LOVE YOUR HAIR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...