Friday, September 30, 2011

Product of the month..September

I've decided to feature one product every month. I can't say that I've personally tried all of the products, but I will research and post reviews as well as what the product is advertised to do for your hair. I'm going to start the feature with one of my staples and all time favorites. Taliah Waajid's The Great Detangler

The Great Detangler


I have always heard such good things about Taliah Waajid and her line of hair care products, so when I came upon this product at my local beauty supply store, I said,' what the hey'. I was currently looking for a good leave-in conditioner for the infamous Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner concoction that was less expensive than the Knot Today conditioner she used. I must say, The Great Detangler is probably one of the best detangling products that I have personally used. It provides great "slippage" for my hair, so my comb glides right through. It also leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized. Here is what the product advertises:
This product eliminates tangles on contact. Softens hair, defines curl pattern and stops breakage while combing. Rich with moisturizers, protein and conditioners, this product coats and protects hair while softening.
  • For curly, coily and wavy hair textures
  • Leave-in conditioner
  • Light formula, no build-up
  • No animal testing

Use on wet or dry hair. Separate a section of hair. Apply a liberal amount of The Great Detangler. Use fingers to work the product through the hair to loosen the tangles. Use a medium to large tooth comb. Start at the ends of the hair. Comb through up to the scalp and through tangles. Style as desired. For best results, use the complete line of Black Earth products..

The price is around $8
The ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua) , Vitamin E , Olive Oil , Silk Protein , Cocoa Butter Oil Extract Cetrimonium Bromide , Ceteareth-20 , Vegetable Glycerin , Mineral Oil , Glycerol , D&C Yellow #5 , Fragrance , DMDM Hydantoin , Detanglers , Balsam , Aloe Vera

The whole mineral oil thing kind of turned me off at first, but it's so far down on the "food chain" of ingredients that I decided it can't be all that much.
Overall, I love it and will probably keep using it as it continues working for my hair.

Naturally Divona says
So, I hadn't used this product yet, but this morning my hair was super dry and matted from a week old twistout. I honestly did not feel like washing my hair, so I sprayed it with water, sectioned my hair into 4 sections and applied the product one section at a time and detangled with my Denman brush.
Let me say that this was the easiest detangling session I have ever had. The product offered a lot of slip, but not so much that the product showed in my hair. The brush literally slid through my hair and untangled so easily (much better than the Suave Conditioner I usually use).
Even right now as I run my fingers through my hair, it is still untangled and VERY moisturized.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...