Friday, October 28, 2011

Product of the Month...October

This month's product is one that I haven't tried personally, but plan to in the very near future. I have heard nothing but good things about it and the reviews online give it high praises as well. This month's feature is called Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie...what a mouthful.

Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie



This is said to be a great product that helps in defining your curl and it also smells heavenly. Here is what the product advertises:
Nutrient rich vegetable butters condition hair, restoring moisture, body and shine. Enhances curls, minimizes frizz and provides curl control. For thick, curly hair. Sulfate-free and color-safe.
  • Coconut oil: Hydrates and protects hair from heat and chemical damage
  • Silk protein: Reduces breakage, strengthens hair, adds smoothness and silkiness
  • Neem oil: An age-old ayurvedic oil that strengthens hair and provides brilliant shine
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients
The price is around $9 and can be found at Walgreens or Target
Ingredients Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

The ingredients alone should make you want to run out and try it. I may do a second review once I've actually experienced it for myself.

Here are a few reviews from other users, from www.naturallycurly.com:
  • Flirty girl
  • Type 4a
Curl Rating: 5
Oct 25, 2011
I LOVE this product! It keeps my curls soft and moisturized. I'm excited to try some of their other products!
  • smithm2153
  • Type 3c
Curl Rating: 4
Oct 25, 2011
very nice product...I have 3c 4a hair and I use it at night after a co wash or just for extra moisture before I wrap my hair with a satin scarf at night...it leaves my hair soft and manageable for the next day. Also great for protective styles...
  • ruthwill88
  • Type 3c
Curl Rating: 5
Oct 21, 2011
Right now, I love this product and can't find any faults with it. I'm currently transitioning from relaxed to natural hair and I feel that this gives my hair perfect amount of moisture and of course I'm in love with the scent, as is everyone else who tries it. I legit have had to hide it from my mom, sister and even my brother!
  • Aneris
  • Type 3c
Curl Rating: 5
Oct 20, 2011
This is an awesome product! It's perfect for defining and moisturizing curls!
  • curlysyd
  • Type 3c
Curl Rating: 4
Oct 16, 2011
i really like this especially with the raw shea masque over it!! :)
  • swansinapril
  • Type 3b
Curl Rating: 5
Oct 15, 2011
Oh my goodness, this is where it's at. Never fails to make my hair look perfect. I will never be without it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...