Thursday, December 1, 2011

Product of the month...November

I know I'm a day late on posting November's product, but better late than never I always say. So, although today is December 1st (where did this year go???), we are going to pretend that it's November 30th, Cool?! LOL!!
Anywho...This month I'd like to feature a product that I've used regularly and have seen others use as well with good results.


Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream
 Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream is a very inexpensive way to keep the hair moisturized on a daily basis. I used it a lot when I was transitioning, not so much any more, but I would still recommend it to anyone looking for a good detangler with great slippage and is a leave in.  Here is what the product advertises:
This product is an intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment that is made with pure Shea butter and other natural oils to stop and mend breakage, repair split ends, and add manageability and shine with every application. When used daily, this cream helps promote strong, long, healthy hair. Formulated for severely damaged, dry or coarse hair.
  • Reduces frizz
  • Protects hair from heat damage
  • Hydrates and moisturizes
Daily styling - Apply to towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots to the tips. Comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas. Leave in treatment - Apply as directed for "daily styling" just after shampooing. Re-apply and cover with a plastic cap overnight for maximum absorption and intensive conditioning. Frizz free hair - Apply daily to split ends or damaged areas. Comb through and let dry naturally.

The price is around $5 and can be found anywhere, Walmart, Target, Walgreens and etc.
Ingredients Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean) , Propylene Glycol , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Cetyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Stearalkonium Chloride , Trimethylsilylamodimethicone , Panthenol , PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether , Lanolin Oil , Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride , Acrylamide Copolymer , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Benzophenone-3 , BHA , BHT , Zea Mays Oil (Corn) , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , DMDM Hydantoin , Phenoxyethanol , Fragrance

Here are some reviews from Amazon.com
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!!!
By 

This is the best product I have ever used as far as leave in conditioner. It leaves the hair soft and shiny. My hair is all natural and it leaves my curls and coils very moisturized. I will always have this product in my hair regimen!!!! Excellent!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for naturals
By 
Naptivia (Riviera Beach, FL USA)

This products didn't do a lot when my hair was permed, it felt greasy one minute and dry the next. But after going 100% natural it works wonders. This is definitely a keeper. I would also recommend only using it with natural oils...coconut, jojoba, olive, etc. for best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a overnight conditioning treatment
By 

I use this as a overnight treatment mixed with an egg and some coconut oil. When I wake up in the morning and rinse it out my 4a/b hair is full of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Braid Outs!
By 
Sydney Brown "S. Brown" (Granada Hills, CA, USA)

(I did not buy this from Amazon, I bought it from my local beauty supply store) I have been using this as a moisturizer while experimenting with doing braid outs on my naturally curly/African American hair (this is my second week). This stuff is awesome! It feels thin but it truly moisturizes. I have used it on both wet and dry hair and I love how my hair feels in the morning when I take the braids out. I always seal my hair after using this with organic coconut oil and I never have any flakes or residue from mixing the two products together. I highly recommend this product, truly does what it says it will.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...