Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fix up that Fro!! Accessorizing

Making the decision to go natural gives you a certain  je ne saia quoi, so to speak. One way to keep that certain something popping is to experiment with different accessories for your hair. Accessories can be as simple as you prefer or they can be bold, making a major statement. I, myself, rely on accessorizing when I'm having a "I don't care" hair day. I have gotten the question, "I'm bored with my hair, what can I do with it?" Well, if you're tired of the same old twists, twist outs, braids or frohawks, then rock some stunning accessories.



Scarves: My favorite way of making my "bad" hair look good.  It is very versatile. You can wear it as a head band or cover the entire head. You can tie them any way you like, either with the knot behind your head or in front. Be creative and experiment. You can't go wrong with scarves.


 





Flowers: Another great way to spruce up your style is with flowers. I usually add it over my ear, but the sky is the limit. Put them any where you choose. Have them as big or as small as you want. Heck, put more than one in at a time.


Headbands: For the most part, headbands are usually used to hold the hair away from the face, but why not snazz it up and use it as a focal point of your hairstyle.




Clips, banana clips, barrettes, hair sticks, etc.: Excellent ways to pin your hair up in a stylish way. I have become very fond of using banana clips to pin my hair when they are two strand twisted. It's also a fashionable way of protecting the ends of your hair by tucking them into your style and pinning them up. 

 


Beanies: So, now that it's getting cold outside, you'll want to cover that head with some sort of hat. Beanies are a great way of protecting the hair from the elements and once again hiding "I don't care" hair. I'm quick to toss a beanie on my two week old twists when I don't have time to take them down. 
  



So, have fun fixing your natural hair up with different accessories. You may even do something "dangerous" and step outside your box. Check out some of the pictures for different ideas! LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...